A science fair project should be fun to do. Science research does involve some risk, both to you the researcher, and to others involved in the project (including animals). The rules of the International Science and Engineering Fair are designed to minimize this risk and promote safe research. Please read through the rules that pertain to your research project. If you have questions about the rules, please discuss them with your Adult Sponsor (teacher) and/or the Regional Science Review Committee.
|February 18, 2022||Regional Fair Registration Due. All forms (Registration, ISEF forms, Research Plan, and Abstract) submitted by e-mail to Fair Director (email@example.com). In addition, Project PDF file, Quad Chart, 2 minute video and any optional files that are to be uploaded to the fair webpage must be submitted by February 18th.|
|Virtual Zoom judging appointments will be submitted to the project contact e-mail address before February 25th.
Meetings with judges will be held at the scheduled time via Zoom on March 1-4.
|March 5, 2022||6:00 – 7:00 PM
Awards Ceremony via Zoom
Zoom link will be posted on the Fair webpage.
|TBD||New Mexico State Science Fair|
|May 8-13, 2022||Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair will be held in Atlanta, Georgia.|
- 2022-Registration Form
- 2022 Regional Abstract Form
- ISEF Paperwork
- Form 1 (required for all projects)
- Form 1A (required for all projects)
- Form 1B (required for all projects)
- Form 1C (if required – see Form 1)
- Form 2 (Qualified Scientist, if required – see Form 1)
- Form 3 (Risk Assessment, if required – see Form 1)
- Form 4 (Human Participants, if required – see Form 1)
- Form 5A (Vertebrate Animal, if required – see Form 1)
- Form 5B (Vertebrate Animal at RI, if required -see Form 1)
- Form 6A (Biological Agents, if required – see Form 1)
- Form 6B (Animal Tissue, if required -see Form 1)
- Form 7 (Continuation Project, if required – see Form 1)
Submitting Paperwork for SRC Approval
If your project requires SRC approval before research, please e-mail a copy of the completed forms:
- ISEF Forms 1, 1A, 1B, and others, as needed for approval
- Research Plan
to Dr. Michael Ottinger (firstname.lastname@example.org). The SRC will review your plan and respond to you within one week. If your plan is approved, the SRC will return the forms to you (or your Adult Sponsor) by e-mail. If it is not approved, the SRC will explain what changes you need to make before approval can be granted. When the changes are made, you may resubmit the forms for approval. If you have questions about this process, please check with your Adult Sponsor (teacher) or contact Dr. Ottinger at the above e-mail address.